‘Breath is central to yoga because it is central to life. And yoga is about life.’
Sri T. Krishnamacharya
I have Just completed a training in Vinyasa Krama with Srivatsa Ramaswami, who trained with the legendary Krishnamacharya for over 30 years. Going back to the source of yoga was a gift that I will share in my classes.
In the meantime, during the seasonal break at Yoga Nieuw-west, here are some little pearls of wisdom for those choosing the path to freedom:
1. Yoga is for people who can take instructions.
2. Direct experience rather than intellect is needed.
3. A focused mind is a peaceful mind.
4. You cannot become a yogi without studying.
5. We are the cause of our pain.
6. Work on yourself.
7. Settle up all your ‘accounts’ now.
8. (Stopping karma doesn’t work.)
9. Asana (postures) and pranyama are preparation for….
Have a wonderful and relaxing break. If this isn’t totally possible, choose what you can let go of to create some space for yourself and loved ones. Yoga Niew-west is back again on 6 January.