“Yoga is an internal practice…the rest is just a circus.” Sri Pattabhi Jois.
Here are 10 ways yoga has changed my life.
- Really listening to what people are telling me.
- Stress-related health issues have reduced.
- Able to leave a situation easily to do my own stuff without feeling guilt.
- Learning to focus on three most important things to do in a day and finish them.
- See that work is never finished so don’t try to do too much in one go and get stuck.
- See similarities with myself in people and feel compassionate rather than critical.
- Accept my own limitations, but not let that stop me doing things.
- Being patient with others, giving them space to go through their own process.
- Not always trying to ‘fix’ other people’s stuff…hard nuts will crack when ready.
- Realize that the greatest change will happen from working on myself.
I have to keep reminding myself of these points as they fluctuate like everything in life. Accepting how you are and dealing with it in daily life reminds me that yoga is only the process and how you are in your practice is more important than achieving a result.